Here is the recipe, it is pretty plain and simple but I think that is what makes these perfect.
Hard Bars (12 single thin bars)
1.5 cups of Large Flake Oats
3/4 cup of Rice Krispies
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Baking soda
3 tbl corn meal (not heaping)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbl oil
1 tbl coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tbl brown or white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix Oats, rice krispies, salt, baking soda, corn meal and sugar together
- Put oil (if you do not have coconut oil just use 2tbs of oil or all coconut oil if you rather) and honey together and warm up for about 1 minute in microwave
- Mix honey mixture and oats together till well mixed
- Place in a oiled, lined or I use a silicone 9x9 baking dish and press down HARD. I use saran wrap and then place it over and press hard or use a dish to help
- Bake for 20 min or till golden brown, if your mixture appears to be loose press down again once you have taken it out of the oven. I usually do this
- Let cool for 15-20 min and then cut carefully
- Allow bars to cool completely and then wrap them individually for a quick treat or in a container. I place mine in the fridge but you do not have too.
*these were adapted from a few different recipes found online.